Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Awesome Power of an Honest Testimony

Jogie and I teach the twelve year olds in our ward for Sunday School. We love it! They teach us so much. Last week our lesson was on the Holy Ghost and I asked our class what the Holy Ghost feels like. The answer I got the most was “Awesome.” I tried to see if I could get an additional response when I followed up with “what if you already feel awesome?” “Then you feel more Awesome!”

An honest testimony borne presents those hearing it with an awesome feeling. The Holy Ghost is this more awesome feeling that comes into our hearts so we may know that the principles in that testimony are true.

I was able to participate in the General Relief Society Broadcast where Elder Uchtdorf spoke on things we should not forget. One of his forget-me-nots was to not forget that Heavenly Father loves you. He bore such a wonderful testimony of how Heavenly Father is aware of each of us, and loves us each individually. The seriousness of his words hit me with a sense of awesomeness. It really is so awesome that God really does care about me personally. It feels so awesome!

This week as Jogie and I taught our twelve year olds about testimony I had the opportunity to bear my own testimony. I had the class come up with things that would be appropriate to share in a testimony. I then asked them to pay attention to the awesome feeling of the Holy Ghost as he testified of the truth of what I was saying. As I shared the simple testimony there was an awesome reverence in our classroom. I am so glad that the Holy Ghost gives us this awesome feeling when we bear our testimony! And I know that the principles stated are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment