Saturday, December 17, 2011

I can be Happy on Earth

Jogie and I while visiting with friends were inspired by the phrase said during the conversation of “when you look for life’s tender mercies you will find them.” I really like the eloquence and simplicity of a truth I have long known. I know that when I am consciously looking for things that I can take joy in I definitely find them.

I have really enjoyed days where I make a point to recognize situations where I have felt joy. Where I have felt he Holy Ghost; where I knew that Heavenly Father loves me. Once I recognize a couple instances in a day where I know that Heavenly Father has blessed me I find that they just keep coming.

Even frustrating situations can show the tender mercies in our lives. This last month as we were getting ready to load up in the car and go to church we found that the car had been broken into and was trashed inside. Jogie took it all in stride despite it all. There are many positive ways that we were able to view this frustrating circumstance. Though the dash was taken out the cords were intact and we were able to re-hook up the vent system so it works just as well as it ever did. Despite a window being broken we live in Phoenix where it is warm enough that we could comfortably drive around sans one window. We had an opportunity to clean out and vacuum the car which I’m sure the car liked. We still have every one of the BYU squish pillows. Without the stereo that was able to only play the primary program CD Jogie is less likely to have these songs stuck in his head and thus stuck in my head. The Primary CD has been stuck in it ever since we put it in; so the broken player can now be a missionary tool to share wholesome music!

I have been impressed with how well Jogie has taken the frustrations of the situation of having his car broken into. He definitely is a good example of taking it all in stride and letting the bad things roll right off and recognizing our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment